Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What a Hiatus!

DSC07078

Wow!

I'm not sure how it happened, but a whole month has flown by without my noticing. How does one lose a month, exactly?

Part of the problem, I think, might be the weather. I guess that sounds ridiculous. How does one blame a bad case of blog neglect on the weather, exactly?

Well, maybe one can't, but I'm certainly going to try.

Here's my thinking...

1. No internet @ home = blogging done @ school.

2. Cold, windy, blizzardy weather = staying warm & cozy @ home.

3. Warm & cozy @ home = less blogging

(a month less, to be exact)

And there you have it.

Procrastination elementally justified. Works for me!

But whether being snowed in, snowed under, or just plain snowed is a reasonable excuse or not, the truth is that I miss this space. I miss chatting with friends and sharing what's happening...however trivial and small those happenings might be.

So...I'm going to dig out all the photos and thoughts that have been buried and get this blog back in business.

And if, at some point, things begin to drift up again...

DSC07184

I'll just have to find a bigger shovel!

8 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

While I've missed your posts I completely agree - warm and cozy beats blogging anyday LOL
Glad you're back!

Allmycke said...

I'm also glad you're bac! As soon as the temperature gets a bit milder, I'll try and get a picture of my reindeer from the playground - but tight now it's -37 outside my window...

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

I MISSED you! Glad you're back.

R.Powers said...

I thought that perhaps the Alaskan internet had frozen.
Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back..just heard LA ( lower Al had 30 nights with below freezing temps... a rarity for us. We are ready for our 65 degree temps. We don't like the 40s and 50s..nor the cold rain.. Tammy

Kimberlee said...

Sandcastle Momma...
Thank you so much! It's good to be back in touch with you too! And, yes, warm and cozy is good. :)


Trudie...
Can't wait to see the reindeer! What a cute counterpart to my Duck! We've been in the negative 30's here as well. Stings the cheeks, doesn't it?


Laurie...
Thank you. I've missed you too. I hope to catch up with all my favorite blogs this weekend. I'm so far behind!


FC...
That's not too far from the truth! Thanks for checking in.


Tammy...
It's amazing that the South is having SUCH a cold winter this year. All that amazing snow wasted on heat-lovers! LOL! Hope you stay warm and snug inside at least as much as possible.

Steve said...

All of this you do so well, Kimberlee! If a blog goes missing from cyberspace, it certainly should never be yours.

Kimberlee said...

Steve...
What a kind thing to say! Thank you. I'm really glad you're able to be in touch again.