Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brown-Out, Blackout Blues

The thrill is gone.

Can you hear it?

The thrill is gone.

Can you feel it?

The strum and twang and thump of my soul's invisible guitar?

The hoarse, even course, misery-laden voice of one who's been done oh, so wrong?

Yep, that's me.

Begging, borrowing, not-yet-stealing connectivity.

I've got them "brown out done caused a week-long internet blackout blues."

And I feel so bad.

So downright sad.

Oh, yes I do.

Them brown-out-blackout-blues.

2 comments:

Crayons said...

Hi Kimberlee,

Sorry for your frustrated place of mind. I've just come out of a 2-month stint with the black-out blues. Terrible internet service + concrete building...

I love the photos of the squirrels or prairie dogs. They must be quite hardy creatures.

Also, regarding the 12:45 a.m. brightness, it's hard for me to even imagine it. How can you stay on a sleep schedule?

Also, yay for Gene Kelly. I think it's just you and me in this camp. No one else expressed enthusiasm.

Finally, I heartily endorse your endorsement of "The Fast Runner." I think I've watched it 3 times.

Kimberlee said...

Hi, Caroline!
Thankfully, the blackout ended (for me) earlier today. Others in the building are still waiting their turn. We're supposed to be getting new servers that will make a big difference, but lightening strikes and brown-outs tend to wreak havoc with even the sturdiest equipment.

Yes! The parka squirrels are a hardy lot. They are extremely comical and fun to watch as well. They make an odd little "ch-ch-ch" sound that I can ALMOST immitate (been perfecting that for years). And, like their prairie dog cousins, they are amazing tunnel diggers. Good for their babies, bad for roads! :)

Gene Kelly...what can I say? I don't mind being in a fan club of two!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed The Fast Runner! It's a wonderful film and depicts traditional Inuit culture so beautifully. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that!

Can't wait to check out your new post!