Saturday, November 14, 2009

Flashback

DSC05042

A nasty bug has invaded my body and made me sick, sick, sick.

So, although there are tons of things that need doing today, I don't have the energy or motivation to move much less accomplish...anything.

This couldn't have come at a worse time (as if there is ever a good time).

Tonight there will be a (first ever) community talent show at school and I am supposed to take pictures. There will also be some guitar music that I've been looking forward to and don't want to miss.

I've heard rumors that there will be a faculty "act" and I've been warned NOT to video tape it.

So...you know what that means, right? :)

I'm hoping that this virus will run its course and I'll be feeling well enough to not only attend the talent show, but grab some photos and (of course) blackmail-worthy video too.

It should be a hoot.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a little flashback from summer involving two of my favorite little guys who are obviously experts at making the best of a bad situation.

What do you do when your bicycle falls apart? Cry? Curse? Complain?

Let these masters of the half-full glass show you...

6 comments:

Novice Naturalist said...

Thanks for sharing the video. Hope you feel better and get video of the talent show. I hear there may be wigs involved. Jay (in Barrow)

Jackie said...

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad...I'll be lifting you up.

The video is great...what bored little boys can think of, huh? Should have seen my bored "little" boy today, tying a sheet to the banister and climbing down it. It would be on our blog except he wouldn't let me film him :/

Dog Hair in my Coffee said...

Oh, feel better. Soon. I HATE bugs, viruses, nasty icky stuffs. Bleh. I HATE being laid low by that, and then you lay there and think of all the things you should be doing, would RATHER be doing, need to be doing. I sure hope it passes you by QUICKLY.

Kimberlee said...

Jay...
I am feeling better. Thanks. It sounds like you had a heads up about the mystery act. :)



Jackie...
I don't even think boys HAVE to be bored to come up with stuff like that...it's just spontaneous! :)



Coffeedog...
Thanks! This bug seems to have been of a particularly nasty variety. It's been hanging on for days and days!

Paul Roberts said...

I'm enjoying reading your blogs. It's always been a dream of mine to either move to or at least visit Alaska. How awesome is it that the first comment posted on my new blog is from someone IN Alaska! :-) Gotta love it!

Kimberlee said...

Hi, Nomad! That is a cool coincidence...or is it a coincidence at all? :) I'm so glad you made your way here. Don't give up on the Alaskan dream. That's how I ended up moving here eight years ago! I enjoyed your blog too. I think I linked it on my other space. Hope to hear from you again sometime! :)